If you've ever shopped online and wondered how your favorite store is able to sell more than you can, it's because they did something better than you. They had a higher average order value (AOV) than their competitors.
Add a live chat tool to your website.
Live chat is a great tool for improving your customer experience. It can increase conversion rate and AOV, which means more money in your pocket!
Here are just some of the ways that live chat can help you:
- Increase customer retention. By having an easy and quick way for customers to get in touch with you, they're less likely to leave or cancel their orders after placing them on your website. This also means that you'll be able to retain more repeat business from existing customers who enjoy talking with them every time they come back around again (and who wouldn't want that?).
- Improve satisfaction levels overall at once - not just with one specific feature such as live chat but across all aspects of the site itself: ease-of-use; quality service etc...
Offer free shipping on all orders.
Offering free shipping on all orders is one of the most effective ways to increase average order value. It can be done in a variety of ways, but it's important to keep in mind that you should not just throw free shipping at the wall and hope something sticks.
Free shipping has been shown to increase sales volume and AOV, which means more money coming into your business! The customer will also feel better about spending their money with you because they know they are getting something for free—and who doesn't love getting something for free? This strategy works well for both online retailers as well as brick-and-mortar stores looking for new customers (or just trying out a new product).
Show off product reviews.
Show off product reviews.
A study from ConversionXL found that 97% of customers want to know what other people think about the products they're buying, and 92% of shoppers say it's important for them to know why other people like or dislike a product before making a purchase decision. If you can show customers how much your fellow reviewers love your product—and why—you'll get more sales in no time!
Display customer testimonials prominently on your site.
If you want customers to trust your company and purchase from you, it's important that they feel comfortable doing so. Testimonials are one way of doing this.
Testimonials can help increase conversion rate by giving potential customers a reason to buy from you instead of someone else. Testimonials can also help increase average order value (AOV), which can be used as an indicator for how much money the average customer spends per transaction on your site or product offering. Lastly, testimonials increase customer satisfaction because they show that other people who have used similar products had positive experiences with them as well!
Integrate social proof into your product pages.
- Social proof is a powerful tool to increase conversion.
- Social proof can be in the form of reviews, testimonials or customer comments. It’s important to make sure that your social proof is prominent on your product pages because it helps customers overcome their fear of buying and makes them feel more confident when they do decide to buy from you.
Reduce shopping cart abandonment by increasing trust.
If a customer is going to leave their cart, it’s important to know why. Are they just not that into the product? Is it too expensive for them? Or do you have a problem with your website or checkout process that needs fixing?
To increase average order value, you need to reduce shopping cart abandonment by increasing trust.
Here are some ways you can do this:
Improve the quality of your product photos and descriptions.
Product photos are important, but they don't have to be perfect. A good photo will show your product in a clear and concise way, while still being interesting enough to capture the attention of potential buyers.
Product descriptions should be clear and concise as well—you want buyers to know exactly what they're buying before they buy it! Include multiple photos of the product (at least three) so that you can show some real-world use of the item before purchasing it. Include both exterior and interior shots if possible; this will give customers a better feel for how their purchase will look when shipped out in its new state, whether it's opened or closed up tight against another piece of furniture or clothing space where one might rest without fear that something could fall off during transit between rooms/shelves etc...
Also add links back here when applicable: Make sure everyone knows where they can find more information on each item offered here at our website; if there isn't straight forward information available yet then at least give us some pointers towards where else we might find answers based upon what we've learned thus far."
Create urgency by displaying online visitor counts and stock availability.
One of the best ways to increase average order value is by displaying online visitor counts and stock availability. This will help convince customers that you have a lot of inventory, which makes it easier for them to make purchases.
- Show how many people are looking at your product: When a user gets close enough to your product, they'll see an "add to cart" button that allows them to purchase with one click (or tap). If there are only a few items left in stock, then this may be all that's needed before someone buys!
- Make it easy for users who want more information about why they should buy now: If we don't have any information about why our products are worth buying—and why they're so great—then how do we convince our customers? By making sure all relevant information is right on our website, such as what makes each item different from others like it; whether or not there's something better out there than this product...etc
Be confident in who you are and what you sell.
When you're selling a product, it's important to be confident in what you do. If your customers don't know who you are, or if they feel like they're getting scammed by some fly-by-night operation, they won't come back. You need to be able to explain why your business is different from other businesses in the same industry.
This can be especially hard when one of your competitors has been around longer than yours and has established itself as an expert in its field—but here's some good news: if someone else has been successful at selling their product before, then it means that there was something special about them (or their company) that made them stand out from everyone else! You just need to figure out what that secret sauce is so that people will come back again and again!
If possible try not only showing off how great everything looks but also how easy it is for anyone who wants more information about purchasing orders through Amazon instead of needing personal contact between seller/buyer personally before making any decisions on whether or not buying anything like this item would benefit both parties involved."
Recommend related products to customers during checkout.
Recommend Related Products to Customers During Checkout
You can recommend related products to customers during checkout by adding a dropdown menu of suggested items. This is especially helpful if you're selling similar products, such as ones that work well together or compliment each other. For example:
I'm selling t-shirts and sweatshirts in my store; I might have a “sweatshirt” section on my homepage with all the different styles available in that category. If someone looks at this page and then clicks over to checkout, we would like them to see all of our options for hoodies so we can hopefully sell more hoodies!
Use cross-sells to encourage customers to spend more each visit.
In the example above, you could offer a cross-sell that complements the one they are already buying. For example: If your customer is buying a pair of running shoes and also wants to buy some new sunglasses for their trip to Florida, you could offer an umbrella as another option!
The more products you can offer people who want them (and it's not just about getting money from them), the higher your average order value will be.
You don't have to discount prices to increase AOV, just be good at selling!
There are many ways to increase your average order value. You just need to be good at selling!
- Add a live chat tool to your website. This will allow customers to easily contact you with questions or concerns and get immediate answers from someone who understands their needs. It also allows them to ask for more information about products, which is great for building relationships with new customers and helping old ones find what they're looking for faster than ever before!
- Offer free shipping on all orders over $50 (or whatever you feel comfortable charging). This is especially effective if you have several tiers of pricing within your store—for example: $10-$25 = free shipping; $26-$50 = standard shipping; higher than that = premium shipping (or whatever works best). When people see how much they save by paying less per item than other stores do, they'll order more often in order to take advantage of this deal!
We hope that we’ve convinced you to take a step away from discounting and towards more effective AOV strategies. Discounting is not the only way to increase sales, and it can be dangerous if you don't know what your customers want or how they think about buying things. But if you're ready to get started on some of these strategies, remember that we're here if you need help!